Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
When you act despite an imminent threat or suffer a calamity, say how you deal with it and roll.
If you do it…
• …by powering through, +STR
• …by getting out of the way or acting fast, +DEX
• …by enduring, +CON
• …with quick thinking, +INT
• …through mental fortitude, +WIS
• …using charm and social grace, +CHA
✴On a 10+, you do what you set out to, the threat doesn’t come to bear.
✴On a 7–9, you stumble, hesitate, or flinch: the GM will offer you a worse outcome, hard bargain, or ugly choice.